Having lunches prepared for the week is an excellent way to make sure the midday meal is nutritious and is also convenient, so you can focus on your busy schedule. These Greek-style turkey bowls boast spinach, beets, and fresh tzatziki—exciting ingredients your hungry cells can use to fuel your afternoon. Since I don’t use beets often, here is a nutritional brief on beets.
Nutritional brief: Beets (coming soon)
To make the the bowls, start by preparing the rice. Sometimes, I prepare mine the day ahead to make things easier. See the Lemony Brown Rice recipe below or select my link.
Then prepare the Tzatziki sauce, I prepare mine a day ahead of time to save time on the bowls. See the recipe below or select the link to my favorite Tzatziki Sauce recipe.
Next, begin to prepare the turkey by heating 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the ground turkey and spices. For my greek seasoning I use 3 tablespoons of “Feta Turkey Burger” spice mix from Savory Spice . Heat the turkey until cooked through and set aside.
Next chop up the spinach and beets.
Shred about half of the skin off of the cucumber and dice the firm sections that do not have seeds.
Crumble the feta.
Now that everything is ready, assemble the bowls. Divide the brown rice, spinach, turkey, feta, cucumber, and beets evenly among four or five bowls.
Then, put the tzatziki in separate containers and place in the bowls. This is so that they can be reheated without heating the tzatziki- it is better cold.
There you have it! Delicious Greek Turkey bowls meal prepped for the week. Enjoy!
Greek-Style Turkey Bowls
- 16 oz ground turkey
- 2 cups fresh spinach roughly chopped
- 3 beets thinly sliced
- 5 oz feta cheese crumbled
- 3/4 cup tzatziki sauce see recipe below
- 3 tbsp any mediterranean/greek spice mix I use “Feta Turkey Burger” from Savory Spice
- 1 english cucumber half for the tzatziki and half for toppings
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups Lemony Brown Rice see recipe below
- 1. To prepare the ground turkey mix warm about 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan over medium-heat. Add the ground turkey and spice mix, stirring occasionally until browned. .2. Divide the rice into 5 meal-prep containers of your choice. 3. Spoon the ground turkey evenly over the rice.4. Add the spinach, feta, cucumber, and beets. 5. Add the tzaziki to each bowl- it is best to keep it separate from the other ingredients until it is ready to be eaten.
Lemony Brown Rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup brown rice
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- zest of one lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1. To prepare the rice heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and saute for 3 minutes until tender. 2. Add the garlic and brown rice and stirring frequently for one minute. 3. Add the rice mix to a rice cooker with along with the chicken stock, lemon zest, and 3 tablespoons of lemon juice. 4. Turn on the brown rice setting and cook. When it is finished fluff and set aside.
- 1/2 cup plain, whole milk greek yogurt plain, grass-fed
- 1/2 english cucumber grated
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic grated on a microblade
- fine pink himalayan salt to taste
- 1/8 tsp ground white pepper
- 1. Grate the cucumber, then wring out the water by squeezing with paper towels2. Mix with the rest of the ingredients and enjoy!